Within Operations, the Engineering department is responsible for:
- The availability of safe process/measurement equipment and installations for the mechanical (MBA) and Warm Quartz (WKA) production departments.
- Quartz process technology development – creating, documenting, refining, improving, and extending the skills, technologies, processes, and quality related to quartz and ceramic part fabrication.
- Monitoring of these equipment and installations.
- Supporting complex process issues.
- Developing new technologies, and continuous improvement of existing technology to improve efficiency and reliability of manufacturing processes.
The department consists of process and equipment engineers, which support operations and drive improvement projects. For improvement projects there is close cooperation with other departments (matrix organization). Xycarb has been growing rapidly, so specialization within the engineering department is needed. To support this expansion, we are looking for a Manufacturing Automation Engineering Technician.
About your role
The Manufacturing Automation Engineering Technician has a broad variety of different tasks to perform. The primary role is to support and develop automation solutions, robotization for production processes aiming reducing risks, improving safety / ergonomics, improving product quality and reducing costs.
This is a highly visible position that reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
As the Manufacturing Automation Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Supports the transition from manual to (semi) automatic production processes; based on analysis of current and desired situations
- Supports R&A systems using cost and analysis and business cases for substantiating automation projects
- Supports the projects to realize R&D solutions
- Actively involved in inverter activities/projects in the field of R&A with regard to performance indicators, including accidents/incidents, risk reduction, safety, quality, productivity, OEE, delivery reliability
- Supports the bridging function between Production and support departments in the field of R&A solutions
- Establishes practices for the use and maintenance of R&A solutions
- Supports Operations in monitoring existing automated solutions and failures of R&A equipment within Operations, due to trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- In the case of structural problems, by discussing them with the parties involved, followed by drawing up an action plan
- Draft and participate in improvement projects
- Supports the project planning, taking appropriate measures in case of deviations and the specifications and other requirements for the realization of the project
- Conducting the project administration and reporting of the assigned projects can be found in the report database
What will you bring?
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in automation or related field is preferred
- Programming experience using Roboguide or like software and industrial robot programming (Fanuc & UR preferred)
- Formal vocational training in manufacturing/machining and/or programming is preferred
- In depth knowledge and skill on the programming, maintenance, fabrication, and teaching of multi-axis robots
- Strong skills in input on design, modification, and programming of automated systems and creation and application of test plans for automated systems
- Experience with production equipment, tooling, measuring tools, production methods
- Knowledge in relevant international standads
- Strong skills in interpreting technical drawings, specifications and blue print
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communications skills in English required
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities
- And, last but not least, to live up to the core competencies of Schunk Xycarb Technology: Innovation, Collaboration, and Customer Focus
Must pass pre-employment testing.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- A high-tech environment with an ambitious worldwide market-leading company
- Employment through a privately held international organization headquartered in Helmond (Netherlands), with locations across the US, Asia, and Europe
- A dedicated, specialized team where collaboration is key. Our team is our strength!
- A professional atmosphere with a constructive environment that respects its employees
- A challenging position that will help define the future of this department as it grows
- Competitive wages with quarterly profit-sharing bonuses
- Health benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Company paid life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
- Paid Time Off and paid company holidays
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan: Company contribution of 3% of your salary
- Tuition reimbursement/Educational assistance
- Annual Safety Shoe & RX Safety Glasses Allowance for all the employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $3000 per referral
- Sign-on Bonus & many more
Bewerben Sie sich online und werden Sie Teil unseres Teams.