Schunk Xycarb Technology, Inc., in Georgetown, Texas is growing and seeking a Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift for our Georgetown, Texas facility. This position is full-time and will be eligible for all Xycarb benefits. Sign-on bonus included in benefits package.
Schunk Xycarb Technology is the one-stop leading global supplier of Silicon Carbide coated Graphite, Quartz-ware, Ceramic and Silicon consumable products and related technology services for the Microelectronics industry. Schunk Xycarb Technology produces high-tech process-chamber equipment parts for wafer production and processing, including dedicated customer engineering support. Our advanced solutions enable leading-edge manufacturing of next-generation Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, Solar and Silicon devices and applications. Schunk Xycarb Technology is a business group of the Schunk Group, with its global headquarters in Helmond, the Netherlands, and local representation at key locations world-wide. The headquarters for the Americas operations and the Global Center of Excellence for Quartz design, production and reconditioning is located in Georgetown, Texas.
About your role:
The Maintenance Technician has a broad variety of different tasks to perform. The primary role is to contribute to Xycarb business goals and objectives by setting up, installing, maintaining and repairing machines and facility equipment in line with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
2nd Shift - Monday-Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Pay is based on years of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
General Job information
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to mechanical, basic electrical, 3-phase circuitry 110v/480V, pumps, motors, A/C’s, chillers, compressors, CNC mills, CNC lathes, centrifuges, etc.
- Read and interpret equipment diagrams, schematics, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations and policies, Follow all OSHA and ISO standards
Machines and Equipment
- Set up and install production machines and plant facility equipment
- Test machines and equipment for the purpose of final acceptance
- Assist in training and instructing personnel
- Analyze machine and equipment problems and determine how to handle the repair
- Instruct operators in how to use the machinery and equipment
- Plan the regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Analyzes the general and condition of critical parts and determine if any special repair or replacement is needed
- Organize the availability of spare parts
- Perform the maintenance
- Analyze and solve problems in order to minimize down time
- Instruct operators in order to prevent future problems
- Suggest and implement improvements on working methods, preventative maintenance schedule etc.
- Diagnose problems, replace parts, test, and make adjustments
- Make and repair parts by using metalworking tools, lathes, drill press, grinder etc.
Handle other miscellaneous duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formal vocational training in Industrial Maintenance or CNC Maintenance Technician is Preferred
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields, CNC controls performing repairs and preventative maintenance
- Familiarity with maintenance tools, hand tools, power tools, precision-measuring and testing instruments, machinery, facility equipment and material handling equipment
- Knowledge and prior experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, basic plc, HVAC and vacuum furnace
- Experience in handling production methods and processes, repair and service methods, standards, maintenance forms and documentation
- Use of computer and wide range of programs including MS-Office and Lotus Notes
- Ability to handle physical workload up to 50 lbs
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities
- And, last but not least, to live up to the core competencies of Schunk Xycarb Technology: Innovation, Collaboration, and Customer Focus
- Job requires bending, stooping, walking, sitting, and reaching overhead
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and quartz materials
- Must be able to work and be comfortable in required appropriate PPE. This includes but is not limited to appropriate gowning, coat, hairnet, mask, gloves and feet booties
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, pushing, pulling, and standing for long periods of time
- Working with hazardous materials that require the operator to take great care at all time
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks
- Able to work overtime, call-ins and weekends as needed
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Work Hours: 2nd Shift – Monday - Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Must pass pre-employment testing
Must be legally authorized to work in the US
What we offer:
- Health benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Company paid life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
- Paid Time Off and 10 paid company holidays
- 401(k) employer safe harbor contribution: Company contribution of 3% of your salary
- Quarterly Profit-sharing bonus
- Tuition reimbursement/Educational assistance
- Annual Safety Shoe & RX Safety Glasses Allowance for all the employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $3000 per referral
- Sign-on Bonus up to $3000 for all employees & many more!
Bewerben Sie sich online und werden Sie Teil unseres Teams.